Suswin Housing First Program helps urban Aboriginals who are facing housing barriers to find housing with community support in the Nipissing region.
This program delivers programming in a culturally responsive, flexible, and safe manner for all clients.
- Assist in finding safe, affordable housing
- Coordinate support services as needed-can include parenting, health and mental health care, counselling, addiction services, cultural services, food support, job support, crisis counselling, and basic needs
- Advocacy support-develop safety plans
- Assist with basic housing needs, landlord advocacy, and service provider advocacy
- Attend meetings and appointments for support and advocacy
Janie Kataquapit – Suswin Housing Navigator Worker
Phone: 705-472-2811 ext 244
Vacant – Suswin Housing Navigator Worker
Phone: 705-472-2811 ext 243
Steve Rickard – Suswin Outreach Worker
The Suswin Housing First Program is funded by the Ontario Trillium Foundation.