This program is designed as a community-based assessment, referral and support program for Indigenous and Non-indigenous people desiring to improve their quality of life by moving away from addiction.
The program also provides alternatives to alcohol and substance abuse through family and community-based activities and events which promote a healthy lifestyle.
Goals of the Program:
- To promote healthy lifestyles free from alcohol, drugs, and gambling within the Indigenous Community;
- To promote healthy alternatives to alcohol, drugs and gambling;
- To promote a culturally appropriate system of addiction treatment services and programs for Indigenous people with addiction issues.
- To provide education and information on addictions and provide the necessary support to promote and encourage quality of life.
- To assist clients in making connections with resources and community-based programming.
- Community Agency Referrals
- Relapse Prevention
- One on One Goal Setting
- Life Skills Workshops
- Referrals to Treatment Centres
- Traditional Options for Treatment
- Educational programming
Brittany Chevrier – Mental Health and Wellness Worker
(705)472-2811 Ext. 217