This program is designed as a community based assessment, referral and support program for Indigenous and Non-indigenous people desiring to improve their quality of life by moving away from addiction.
The program also provides alternatives to alcohol and substance abuse through family and community based activities and events which promote a healthy lifestyle.
Goals of the Program:
- To promote healthy lifestyles free from alcohol, drugs, and gambling within the Indigenous Community;
- To promote healthy alternatives to alcohol, drugs and gambling;
- To promote culturally appropriate system of addiction treatment services and programs for Indigenous people with addiction issues.
- To provide education and information on addictions and provide the necessary supports to promote and encourage quality of life.
- To assist clients in making connections with resources and community based programming.
- Community Agency Referrals
- Relapse Prevention
- One on One Goal Setting
- Life Skills Workshops
- Referrals to Treatment Centres
- Traditional Options for Treatment
- Educational programming
Brittany Chevrier – Drug and Alcohol Worker
Phone: 705-472-2811 ext 217