As the NBIFC takes the safety of our Board, staff and community very seriously the North Bay Indigenous Friendship Center building is not available to the public until further notice. Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, staff will continue to work from home. Please email them if you require assistance. We will keep everyone posted as we learn more. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.
COVID-19: KEEPING YOU SAFE
- Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, the North Bay Indigenous Friendship Centre is not available to the public until further notice.
- The VON Medicine Wheel Healthy Way Clinic is located within the center. For this reason, unfortunately we are also closed.
- If you already have a scheduled appointment, Miranda will contact you on the phone at your scheduled appointment time.
- If you require a prescription refill, please call your pharmacy and request that they fax the renewal request to our office.
- If you are concerned that you have Covid-19, please self isolate and contact the North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit to speak with a public health nurse.
- If you are experiencing shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, or any other serious signs and symptoms, please call 911 or present to the NBRHC emergency department.
- For non-urgent healthcare needs, you may present to one of our many local walk-in clinics; some of which include:
Good Doctors North Bay
1221 Algonquin Ave Unit 105 – (705) 980-0121
Head to Toe Clinic
1950 Algonquin Ave – (705) 495-0300
Phil’s Lakeshore Pharmacy – Walk in Clinic
41 Lakeshore Dr – (705) 476-4016
Thank you for your understanding as we navigate the COVID-19 pandemic.
The mission of the North Bay Indigenous Friendship Centre is to improve the quality of life for First Nation, Metis, and Inuit people in the urban environment of North Bay by supporting self-determined activities which encourage equal access and participation in society and which respects Aboriginal culture distinctiveness. The North Bay Indigenous Friendship Centre provides a wide array of programs and services to support Aboriginal people of all ages. An important part of our mandate is to serve as a gathering place for Aboriginal and Non-Aboriginal people. The Centre is a place where Aboriginal culture is celebrated, friendships are made, knowledge and skills are shared and good times are enjoyed.
Pow wow cancelled this year!
A hard copy of the Newsletters are mailed each month to those who have Paid Memberships with North Bay Indigenous Friendship Centre. Click Here to learn how to become a member